Tuesday, February 14, 2006

You make me want to be a better person

It’s Valentine’s Day and I don’t have a partner so I thought I’d write a Valentine to my friends.
The best moments of my life have been with friends. The moment where you laugh so much you can’t speak, and when you are able to speak you just start to laugh again. The feeling of warmth when you are having coffee or a drink with a friend and you are chatting and know that you don’t want it to end, but still know that you can do it again and again. The silly fantasies that you can have, the same jokes repeated over and over, the daft questions like ‘What did you have for your tea?’ or ‘What pants do you have on?’

The best thing is when you are with that person and you know you do not want any harm to come to them or anyone to hurt them. And it’s then you realise that their friendship makes you a better person, and that you want to be a better person for them. That to me is friendship, that to me is love.

2 comments:

Reluctant Nomad said...

You are too right about that being a sign of true friendship and love. And, in the rare occasions when you get that with a lover, those are truly rare moments to treasure.

ed frame said...

I do think it is rare to find this feeling - I hope I'll always have people to love.

I hope you don't mind but I've added you as a link.