Thursday, February 16, 2006

I'm not really a very good photographer

I have been inspired by the guys who write Bookpacker, a blog in Paris, which has some terrific photos which makes their fabulous lives even more fabulous. (I'm a shameless blog hussie.) This led me to Flickr, where I have been enjoying my voyeuristic tendencies. So I thought I'd share some of my photos. The above photo is of Princes Street, and was actually intended to be a picture of Edinburgh Castle. However, the flash went off in my hand and here is the result. I actually think it is very Wolfgang Tillmans.

Learning from my mistake, I took my intended picture of Edinburgh Castle. Here I really think I've captured the Castle's ethereal beauty, its dominance of the Edinburgh skyline and dare I say it a glimpse of its history. I also managed to highlight a tourist's 'go faster' stripe on his anorak.

I hope you enjoy my photography and please feel free to post your unique photo moments.

7 comments:

freethoughtguy said...

Nice photos, but the "date stamp" could go.

ed frame said...

I couldn't get rid of the date stamp, and to make matters worse I took them this year!

rhino75 said...

I am so NOT going to say these are nice photos (though they did make me laugh) - but the writing is GREAT!!. You have to keep it up this time. And I'm very touched by your kind comments - believe me, a lot of that fabulous life is spent trying to decide which DVD to rent :))

Reluctant Nomad said...

I have it on good authority that mr rhino spends most of his time reclining on the sofa! :-)

ed frame said...

No, tell me it's not true. Rhino lives in a garret, smokes gitanes, has a fabulous boyfriend, shops at the Rue St.Honore and is best friends with a soprano. (Her name is Samantha Swallows but we can overlook that). Rhino est tres branche, il connait tout.

Actually I must apologise to Nomad, as I found Bookpacker on his blog. Nomad's blog is excellent and has great links. Nomad is one of the boss bloggers and respect should be given. He is also very kind and was the first to post a comment on my blog. A glass of Champagne to you!

Reluctant Nomad said...

ed, you say the nicest things!! but, if you are really grateful, you could always..... :-)

there really is no reason to apologise for anything. Dunno about Samantha, but he hangs around with micke the french dish who seems to know too much about what french maids do.

Rob7534 said...

The red castle is scary looking, I LOVE IT!